Adult Learning Center Mission Statement
The Seminole Adult Learning Center school staff and students, in collaboration with the community, will provide students the instruction, technology, resources, opportunities and a positive learning environment needed to achieve their goals as:
- Lifelong Learners
- Productive Workers
- Effective Family Members
- Responsible Community Members
The Seminole Adult Learning Center encompasses six programs:
- The GED preparatory program will provide an opportunity for adult students to earn their general educational development credentials through accelerated curriculum.
- The Financial Literacy program will provide hands-on curriculum and computer programs to educate students in money management.
- Adult Basic Education (ABE) will provide continuing English language instruction and learning basic arithmetic, basic algebra and geometry, science, and social studies.
- The Citizenship Education program will prepare Texas non-citizens for the U.S. citizenship exam given by the INS. The program will include content related to general civics and participation in society.
- English as a Second Language (ESL) will provide English language instruction where adult students experience the English language through listening, speaking, reading, and writing.
- The Seminole ISD Childcare Center will provide licensed supervision and developmentally appropriate instruction for children of students attending adult education classes. Morning classes will accept toddlers 18 months through 2 years of age. Night classes will accept 18 months through 11 years of age. Space is limited.